Thursday, August 13, 2009

First Two Weeks!!

Hello!! Today is my first "official" post with my menu and such. I only went to Winn Dixie today, just because I didn't have time to go anywhere else. They had chicken BOGO! We love chicken at our house. I also had Pork Tenderloin, pork chops, beef stew meat, hamburger meat, and chicken fingers in the freezer already. I did buy chicken and a roast. I splurged and got Chad some mixed nuts because they were BOGO also! My total bill was $151.30!!! All these menus will only consist of dinner, lunch and breakfast are pretty much a given around my house. They consist of dry cereal, pop tarts, bagels, waffles, pancakes, leftovers, PB Sandwiches, lunchables, and Spaghetti O's! Recipes will be done in a separate blog. We usually eat sandwiches, hot dogs, cereal (Chad's fav) etc. on Wednesday and Sunday nights, since we have church. By the way ,we go through 2 1/2 gallons of milk a week around the Clayton household! Milk is EXPENSIVE! We hardly ever eat out, and if we do it is a special occasion. This has also helped me to lose weight! Eating out has so many calories. Even though I don't cook "healthy", it is better than eating 1,200 calories in one meal.

Week 1 Menu
Chicken and Dumplings
Grilled Pork Tenderloin - with baked beans and mac and cheese
Ranch Chicken Pasta - with Salad and garlic bread
Santa Fe Chicken - with green beans and bacon cheese potatoes
Southwestern Stew - with cornbread
Pork Chops - with fried okra, peas, and fresh corn

Week 2 Menu
Pot Roast - with carrots
Chicken and Dressing - with Turkey Breast, fried okra, peas, and corn (this takes time, but so worth it! It is usually my Saturday meal!)
Hawaiian Chicken - with Rice
Spaghetti
Manicotti - with salad and garlic bread
Baked Chicken Fingers - with Green Beans and mac and cheese

The Pot Roast, Southwestern Stew, and Chicken (for the dumplings) are cooked in the crock pot!
I hope you enjoy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment