Monday, August 10, 2009

Menu's

Many of my friends (and friends of friends) have been asking me to do a blog about my menus, how I plan, and how I get by spending $150 every two weeks on groceries for a family of 4. First of all, at tax time we always take money and stock up on paper goods at Costco. We also buy our toothpast, shampoo, soap, etc. and that will last us approx. a year. So, when I go to the grocery store and I am only buying groceries.

Let me explain how I got started doing this. In 2007, I decided that I was unhappy with my career choice. This led me to pray about what I was supposed to be doing with my life, other than raising my beautiful twin boys. With the Lord's guidance and Chad's approval, I quit my job at Gadsden State Community College to pursue my teaching degree at JSU. We lost a whole lotta income, but knew God would provide and He has! I have about a year left at JSU and we plan to keep up with this menu planning thing.

First of all, we only have a Winn Dixie and Wal-mart in good 'ole Jacksonville! Most people think, Winn Dixie is too expensive. It really isn't. They always have buy one get one free!! This is how I shop! I dislike Wal-mart's meat and bread. Everytime I get bread, it is stale and the meat is just gross looking. We eat home grown veggies, so we do not have to buy tomoatoes, peas, corn, bellpepper, squash, cucumbers, etc. Thanks to my father-in-law for this one! Next year we plan on having a garden of our own!

So, to start my menu for two weeks, I go to www.winndixie.com and look to see what is on sale. I look at the meat especially. Then I look at www.walmart.com to see what sales they have going on. Depending on which meat is on sale will depend on my menu. If it is buy one get one free, I use them on different weeks but making different meals with it. Depending on what is on sale, I get out my handy dandy cookbook and find something that I can make with the meat. A lot of times I just go to my friends! I will be posting my meals on here, and the recipes! I hope you enjoy this blog!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment